Larry Busacca / Getty Images
Five Things You Don't Know About Jeremy Renner
August 10, 2012
This two-time Oscar nominee has established himself as a major action star over the last few years and now takes over the ass-kicking spy role in The Bourne Legacy. Here are five things you may not know about Jeremy Renner.
1. His first movie was the 1995 comedy Senior Trip, but his first significant role came in 2002, when he played notorious killer Jeffrey Dahmer in the biopic Dahmer.
2. Says he only had $200 in his bank account when he signed a contract in 2003 for his first studio movie S.W.A.T., so he took the contract to the bank to get a loan to help purchase his first home.
3. Has a thing for karaoke. "I used to hang out at karaoke bars all the time. It was the most fun you could have when you had no money," he told Esquire magazine.
4. Took his karaoke hobby to the next level and recorded singing tracks for some of his movies, including North Country and The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford.
5. Accompanied his mom to Lamaze childbirth classes as a teenager and later performed the same service for his sister.