Jemal Countess/ Getty Images
Five Things You Don't Know About Beyonce
January 11, 2012
Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z are the proud parents of a new daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, and the world is now anxiously awaiting the first pictures of the famous couple's baby girl! Here are five things you may not know about this R&B diva, who is known for her magical voice and impeccable style.
1. Her first group, Destiny's Child, was put together by her parents in 1990, when Beyonce was just nine. The group was discovered by Whitney Houston.
2. Has been best friends with Kelly Rowland since childhood and is also a good friend of Gwyneth Paltrow.
3. The Oxford English Dictionary added the entry "bootylicious" after it gained popularity from the Destiny's Child song Beyonce wrote to celebrate her curves.
4. As a child, she sometimes charged houseguests of her parents $5 to watch her perform.
5. Is allergic to some perfumes, but the scents she personally endorses were chemically altered to ensure she doesn't suffer a reaction.