Five Things You Don't Know About Salma Hayek
October 28, 2011
She's sexy, sultry and smart, but what else do you know about Salma Hayek? Here are five things you probably don't know about this Puss in Boots star.
1. Born in Veracruz, Mexico, but attended a convent school in Louisiana when she was 12 and then lived with her aunt in Houston.
2. Decided she wanted to become an actress after watching Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory as a child.
3. Was once kidnapped in college while out on a date. She was held for ransom for nine hours until the money was paid. After the incident, she dropped out of college to pursue acting.
4. Is an accomplished gymnast who once had aspirations to train for the Olympics.
5. She is now married to French businessman Francois-Henri Pinault, but once dated actors Edward Norton and Josh Lucas.